hibiscus flowers have been used for centuries for their extraordinary healing properties. In Ayurveda, hibiscus occupies an important position as a beneficial herb for promoting hair growth.
If you suffer from hair loss, premature graying, thinning, dandruff, frizz, dryness, breakage or split ends, hibiscus may be your magic remedy. Read on to learn how hibiscus flowers and leaves can be used to cure hair problems.
Benefits of Hibiscus for Hair
Here is a list of the most notable:
1. Stimulating hair growth and strengthening it
It may help support and promote hair growth on the head because it contains a group of important substances in this regard, such as Vitamin C, and some amino acids, which may help:
- Stimulating the production of keratin, which is an important component of hair tissue.
- Nourishing hair follicles.
- Reversing the damage that may sometimes affect the hair.
- Speeding up cell division, which may help stimulate rapid hair growth.
- Strengthening the scalp skin in the vicinity of the follicles, which may help to strengthen the roots of the hair.
A scientific study conducted on laboratory rats showed that hibiscus extract may help stimulate hair growth on the head.
2. Dandruff treatment
They may have potential anti-dandruff benefits, which has made them a popular recipe for treating dandruff in India and many of India’s neighboring countries.
They may also help relieve itching that may accompany dandruff or that may affect the scalp for some reason.
3. Other benefits of hibiscus for hair
- Clean hair from dirt, such as hibiscus, contains saponins, which may help clean hair and skin.
- Resist premature graying, because the hibiscus contains vitamin C, which may be beneficial in this regard.
- Other benefits, such as: improving the health of the scalp, enhancing the luster of the hair, growing hair in the areas of the voids, and thickening the hair.
Hibiscus Hair Growth Mask Recipes
To reap the potential benefits of hibiscus for hair, it can be used in several different ways, as follows:
1. Hibiscus and coconut oil mask for hair growth
To use this mask, the following steps are applied:
- The ingredients of this mask are prepared, which are: 100 grams of petals, 50 grams of hibiscus leaves, and a quarter of a liter of coconut oil.
- The leaves and petals of the flowers are crushed well until they turn into a smooth, homogeneous paste.
- Heat the coconut oil in a pot on the stove, then add the hibiscus paste to it and boil it with the oil for 10 minutes.
- The mixture is lowered from the fire, and after its temperature decreases, it is filtered from the remnants of the paste.
- It is recommended to use a hibiscus and coconut oil mask at least twice a week to stop hair loss and improve its growth.
2. Hibiscus and honey anti-dandruff mask
To get the benefits of this flower related to dandruff resistance, it is recommended to use them with honey specifically in this way:
- Prepare the ingredients of the mixture, which are: half a cup of hibiscus leaves, and a spoonful of honey.
- Crush and mash the leaves well, then mix the resulting mixture with honey.
- Distribute the mixture to the scalp and leave it for 10-15 minutes.
- Wash the scalp and hair well after that.
3. Hair mask for hair regrowth
To implement this method, the following steps are adhered to:
- Prepare the contents that will be used to prepare the mask, which is: one onion, a few spoons of water, and only a handful of leaves.
- Puree the onion in a blender, then extract its juice by putting the paste formed in a filter cloth and pressing it.
- Crush the leaves and extract their juice.
- Mix onion juice with hibiscus juice, then distribute the liquid on the scalp and wash with moderate heat water after 15 minutes.
- Repeat this mixture 3 times a week.
4. Hibiscus and yogurt mask to moisturize hair
To apply this mask, follow these steps:
- The contents of the mask are initially prepared, namely: 10 petals of fresh flowers, only three spoons of curd, drops of rosemary oil, and a spoonful of honey.
- The petals are washed well and then ground in an electric blender.
- Add the curd to the paste and stir the ingredients well, and it is possible to add a little water to the mixture to reduce the density of its texture as desired.
- Add honey and rosemary oil to the mask mixture.
- Apply the mixture to wet hair, then cover the hair with a shower cap and leave for half an hour.
- Then wash the hair with water and shampoo, and repeat this method 1-2 times a week.
5. Natural hibiscus shampoo
To prepare and prepare a natural shampoo, follow these steps:
- Soak a handful of fresh petals and leaves in half a cup of hot water for a period of only 15 minutes.
- Mash it with soaking water, then put this mask on the hair and scalp for a period not exceeding 5 minutes.
- The mask is then washed with water only.
Before you start using it for hair, the following should be noted:
- The flower is characterized by many different types, and it is not clear whether the benefits of them for hair are limited to a specific type of hibiscus or include its various types.
- The mechanism by which it may improve hair health and appearance is not scientifically clear until now, and scientific studies in this regard are still few.
Use of Hibiscus for hair growth:
- A small amount of coconut oil boiled for 2-3 minutes with dried flowers in the sun. This oil helps in hair fall and hair growth.
- Regularly preparing these solutions with hair care, helps to keep the head clean and keep the skin healthy.
- Take one flower with 6 leaves. Wash well make a paste and apply it on the scalp. It helps to get rid of dandruff.
- In this case, keep the paste for 15-20 minutes and wash it with water only.
- Do not use any soap or shampoo. You can add 1 tablespoon of honey to get more benefits.
- Take 5 spoons of Amla/Indian gooseberry Powder. Mix 5 spoons of this leaf paste. Keep this mask on your hair for about 30 to 40 minutes. Then wash it.
- You can use Indian gooseberry juice if you want this mask. Thus, using two to three times a month, you will get stronger and healthier hair.
- Soak 5/6 leaves in the water for 20-30 minutes.
- Then make a paste of the leaves and mix them with water for a few minutes. Which will make a mix very slippery.
- Put 30 minutes on the whole scalp of the head. Wash with shampoo. This mask reduces hair loss using regularly.
What color of hibiscus flower is good for hair?
Several varieties of are available in different sizes, shapes, and colors, including red, pink, yellow, orange, and white. But the original wild type of this plant has bright red flowers and works best for your hair.
You should read