Which things not to put in the dishwasher? It’s very important to know! The dishwasher is one of the most important tools that must be taken into account when preparing your home. There are some mistakes that many women make when using them, which affect the performance of the dishwasher. It may sometimes lead to damage, especially with regard to things that should not be used. So we bring you a list of the most important dishwasher prohibitions, which you should never put in the dishwasher.
1. Tools made of wood, iron, and copper:
Placing these things inside the washing machine exposes them to damage, as well as placing the non-stick frying pans “Tefal” leads to the peeling of their material.
2. Food leftovers :
Make sure to clean the dishes of food residues and remove the stuck on them, before placing them in the dishwasher, as the deposition of these residues inside the washing machine reduces its efficiency.
3. Poor quality detergent:
Look for good products, read the instructions for them, and stick to the specified amount, as placing large amounts of detergent leads to odors sticking to the dishes after placing them in the washing machine, and placing a small amount may reduce the quality of results.
4. Delicate glass cups:
Do not put glasses made of delicate glass in the dishwasher, as they may break from the force of the water in the washing machine unless your washer has a program designed to care for delicate glasses.
5. Handmade utensils :
Handicrafts should not be placed in the dishwasher, as this will not remove and damage the ware.
6. Silver or silver-plated and stainless steel utensils are in the washer simultaneously:
A reaction may occur, spoiling the silver, so you need to separate them.
Tips for Using the Dishwasher
Note that a dishwasher needs three basic ingredients: (its salt, rinse solution, and detergent) and there are tablets that contain all three.
- Add detergent with each wash cycle, and the salt and rinse solution may last for weeks without the need to add more of them, and a signal will appear on the washing machine screen if either of them is less than the amount required to run the washing machine efficiently.
- Make sure to put the dishes and cups in the washing machine so that there is an appropriate distance between each other, to ensure the quality of cleaning.
- Before turning on the washing machine, turn the water sprayer with your hand to make sure that it can spin, and that there are no dishes obstructing its movement.
- Choose the appropriate program for each wash cycle, according to the type of dishes placed in the washing machine and the extent of their soiling.
- Be sure to place deep pots and cups with their openings facing down, to ensure that the water gets into them and is cleaned thoroughly.
- Put spoons, forks, and knives into the basket of your dishwasher, facing down.
- Avoid running the dishwasher when your water is weak, or the electric current is unstable, to preserve its efficiency and life.
- Make sure to run an empty dishwasher cycle once a week, adding a little vinegar to remove any buildup of unpleasant odors.
Advantages and disadvantages
A dishwasher is just as important as a washing machine, as it saves you a lot of time and energy washing endless mounds of dishes, but like everything, just as it has many advantages, it also has disadvantages, learn about the advantages and disadvantages of a dishwasher from here.
Now that you know the prohibitions of the dishwasher, avoid putting them in it, and make sure to follow the previous tips to keep the dishwasher as long as possible.