Floor cleaning is daily routine work for us. Every woman cares about the cleanliness of her home as an essential part of her duties as a housewife, and the fact that the cleanliness of the house is always a major factor in maintaining the health and safety of her family, especially in the case of the presence of young children in the house, as their playing on the floor of all rooms of the house is an integral part of their daily routine, Therefore, we will give you several important tips on how to satisfactorily clean the floor in your home.
How to clean floor
There are a lot of rules that you can adhere to when cleaning the floor, and they are rules that help you a lot to achieve the desired cleanliness, and also to maintain this cleanliness for as long as possible.
Floor cleaning method
1. Forget the traditional water bucket and mop:
replace them with a microfiber mop and a suitable floor spray cleaner, this method will help you save half the cleaning time.
2. Sweep the floor before mopping:
Sweep the floor well before mopping, whether by hand or electric, this increases cleaning efficiency and saves a lot of time.
3. Invest in an advanced vacuum cleaner for deep cleaning:
The new generation of vacuum cleaners is very effective in deep cleaning of dust and dirt that is not visible to the naked eye, and it is of high quality and will live with you for a long time with good use, and saves you cleaning time.
You can choose the best vacuum cleaner from here
- 3 in 1 design with onboard crevice tool allows you to customize your vacuum for your needs. At only 4 pounds, you can take the Eureka blaze anywhere
- Eureka's signature swivel steering improves maneuverability and cleaning efficiency when compared to standard stick vacuums
- Eureka's capture nozzle picks up larger debris with ease unlike other stick vacuums that push larger particles around. Perfect for hard floors, area rugs, and low pile carpets
- Powerful 2 amp motor picks up particles like dust and pollen, while the washable filtration system captures the debris and improves air quality
- Buy Bissell, save pets; Bissell donates up to 10 dollars to the Bissell pet foundation for every pet product purchase, upon activation
- Powerful pet hair pick up with triple action brush roll with scatter free technology
- Swivel steering to easily maneuver around furniture and other obstacles
- Clean edges and corners with edge to edge cleaning. Cleaning path width: 13.5 inch
- Remove pet hair with specialized pet tools including pet hair corner tool and pet tool
- Powerful vacuum cleaner The dynamic motor and brush roll can lift stubborn and heavy debris Plus the 12 6” wide nozzle cleans more with a quickness
- 10 lbs light weight upright vacuum The Eureka Power Speed is pretty lightweight and easy to maneuvre Designed for whole home clean
- 5 height adjustments It works well on carpet shag rug hard floors, etc. Smooth wheels ensure hardwood floors won’t sustain scratches or gouges
- 4.1L extra-large capacity the extra-large dust cup holds more dirt and requires less frequent emptying Clean more empty less
- Multiple accessories included a quick-release handle connected to the stretch hose for above-floor cleaning A 7-inch-long crevice tool, dusting brush and upholstery tool help clean hard-to-reach areas Extract dirt, pet hair freshen up your car curtains ceilings or door frames For your convenience they are all stored right on board
- Bundles Includes - Miele's AH50 GN Performance Pack - Comes With 16 Genuine Miele GN Airclean FilterBags, 1 Genuine Miele HEPA Air Clean Filter AH-50 and 4 Pre-Motor Protection Filters
- Lightweight, Quiet and Powerful Thanks to Miele's Amazing 1200-Watt Vortex Motor / Made In Germany and Made To Last, The Miele Marin has a 20-Year Average Life-Span
- AirClean Sealed System Construction, Perfect for any Allergy or Asthma Sufferer
- Comes with Miele SEB-236 Powerhead - Great For deep cleaning and restoring crushed carpet nap on all types of carpeting. Also perfect for picking up large amounts of pet hair from carpet.Product code SGJE0 for USA.
- Comes with Miele SBB300-3 Parquet Floor Brush - Designed to go flat under baseboards, low under furniture, tight up against kick jams and around chair legs. With a 90 degree twisting rotation there not many places this floor brush can't go!
- LIGHTWEIGHT & COMPACT: At less than 9lbs. this vacuum packs the power you need to quickly pick-up unexpected messes on your carpets and hard floors
- NO LOSS OF SUCTION: Consistently powerful performance on carpets and hard floors with a rinsable filter that will help extend the life of your vacuum
- EASY-EMPTY DIRT CUP: Take easier trips to the trashcan to empty the dirt cup with just one touch of a button so you don’t have to deal with additional mess
- EXTENDED CLEANING REACH: Clean higher surfaces with the flexibility and ease of the on-board quick release extension wand for 6 feet of total reach
- ON-BOARD TOOL KIT: Easily maneuver corners and tight spaces using the dusting brush and crevice tool with convenient on-board storage for tackling messes at a minute’s notice
4. Stay away from oily cleaners:
You may use these cleaners to make the floor shine, especially the parquet, but one of the disadvantages of oil is that it attracts dust, and leads to its sticking to the floor, which reduces your sense of the desired cleanliness.
5. Use a steam broom:
Steam brooms, or steam cleaners in general, are ideal tools for cleaning floors and removing stains from carpets.
The best steam brooms are here
6. Wipe the footprints and traction off the floor:
Here’s a great trick: you can use a tennis ball to rub the floor to remove these traces easily.
7. Choose the appropriate cleaner for the type of floor:
How to clean laminate floors
You should vacuum, dust, or wipe with a lightly damp mop – never use soapy detergents, because they can leave a thin film on the floor and avoid over-wetting. Never use a wax polish either, because this can make the floor slippery.
To pull out marks and difficult stains on the floor, use a thin solution of water and vinegar. Don’t be persuaded to use rubbing cleaners, such as nylon or steel wool pads, as they can scratch the laminate.
Difficult or stubborn marks like shoe polish can be removed with a nail polish remover that contains acetone or other mild solvents. Old reliable WD-40 is also effective.
To protect the floor, the place felt furniture pads under furniture legs and drip trays under plant pots.
How to clean ceramic tiles and quarries
Fortunately, these need minimal maintenance! Scrub and wash with a mild detergent solution before rinsing with clean water. Never use a wax polish – the tiles will become slippery.
You can also try a steam cleaner. We have a quicker and more effective option for cleaning ceramic floors and tiles, and this only needs clean water to get the cleaning done.
How to clean wooden floors
Sealed floors only need to be vacuumed and cleaned with moisture. Don’t use too much water or the wood may swell and split.
Unsealed and linoleum floors should be vacuumed regularly and re-polished occasionally. Use wax in moderation, as any excess will leave a sticky residue and attract dirt, then polish it well. If worn spots appear on the surface, apply a non-slip floor polisher.
On waxed floors, polish and dirt build up over time. The only way to clean it is to remove the wax and start over. Use a cloth dampened with white spirit. Let it soak, and when the wax and dirt begin to melt, wipe it off with crumpled newspaper. Scrub stubborn parts by hand or with abrasive pads on the floor polisher.
Once the paint is completely removed, wipe it off with clean water. Allow it to dry completely before applying new paint, a small section at a time.
To protect wood or parquet floors, we recommend Bona Hardwood Floor Cleaner. It fueled our slates and brought back slightly faded slabs to life.
How to clean terracotta tiles
After the first year of installation, terracotta tiles become ripe. In fact, most of the terracotta tiles suppliers stock a special cleaner, sealant, and polish for use on terracotta tiles, so you should use the recommended products on your tiles.
How to clean vinyl floor
Wipe with a soft brush or vacuum cleaner, then wipe with a damp mop with a mild detergent. Rinse well after wiping. To remove scrape marks on the vinyl, use a soft and cotton cloth dipped in clean washing up liquid or white spirit, then rinse it off.
How to clean the cork floor
Wipe down factory-sealed cork tiles with a damp mop using a liquid washing solution. For an extra layer of protection, especially in high traffic areas like the bathroom and kitchen, use an acrylic or polyurethane sealant.
Never overwet cork floors, and be careful not to damage the sealant or protective coatings by pulling appliances or furniture across.
How to clean linoleum floor
Wipe or vacuum to remove grit and dust. To clean the linoleum floor use a mop or cotton cloth dampened with a floor cleaner or detergent solution. Use water in moderation. Rinse it after washing.
Stubborn marks can be removed by rubbing gently with a soft, damp nylon pad.
How to clean the stone floor
Stone is subject to staining, so it should always be protected with a resin sealant. To clean a textured stone, vacuum it thoroughly, before wiping it with a mild cleaning solution.
To remove grease or oil, use a special stain remover to treat the stains of the stone.
How to keep the floor clean for a long time
1. Not entering the house with shoes:
Put boots at the entrance to the house to make it easier to exchange out shoes with “slippers” as soon as you get home. This is an essential step in maintaining the cleanliness of the house floor, and that dirt and dust do not get stuck to your shoes outside your home.
2. Wiping the shoes before entering the house:
Make your children accustomed from their early childhood to wiping the shoes with the doormat at the entrance to the house, removing dirt and dust stuck from the outside, or taking off the shoes before entering the house.
3. The size of the dirt that gets stuck in the feet of your pets:
If you are a cat lover, get the cat used to eating in the kitchen, and close the kitchen door well until it finishes cleaning itself after eating, so as not to get the remains in its feet, and thus cause the floor of your house to become dirty.
In the end, my dear, the cleanliness of your home is a title for your personal hygiene, but it is also the best way to highlight the beauty of your home and the beauty of its coordination, and the previous tips on how to clean the floor are essential tips for the cleanliness of your home.
You should read