The wooden floor, parquet, is one of the most beautiful and elegant floors in the house, but taking care and cleaning it can sometimes be a problem. These are some easy tips for caring for wooden floors.
Preventive care of wooden floors
Reduce the time of cleaning wooden floors with some practices that keep the floor clean, put a walker outside and inside the door to reduce the transfer of street dirt to the floor inside the house, when it rains, take off shoes and boots outside the house, so that the floor does not get dirty or wet, protect the floor from scratches by using Small sticky pillows under the legs of the furniture, so as not to scratch the floor when pulled, and use carpets in the children’s play area, so that their toys do not scratch the floor, try not to drag the furniture, but ask your family members for help to carry it and move it during cleaning or hanging decorations.
Basic care of wooden floors
Before you start cleaning the floor, clean it of dust and pet dander first, vacuum the floor once or twice a week.
Cleaning wooden floors
Use a cleaner designed for wood floors, and dilute it according to the instructions on the package, dip a soft sponge in the solution and then wring it out well, until it is almost dry, then wipe the floor, wipe any wet areas on the wood after cleaning, so as not to cause damage to it, if the weather is humid, Turn on a fan or air conditioner to speed up drying of the floor.
Remove marks from wooden floors
– For dark spots.. Rub the floor with a piece of wool with a little floor wax until it is gone. Heel marks. Rub the floor with a piece of wool with a little floor wax. Greasy stains. Rub the stain with a soft cloth with a drop of liquid dish soap, until the fat melts. Rinse the cloth, wring it out, and wipe the place of the stain. Water spots White spots. Scrub the floor with a piece of wool with a little floor wax.
Wooden floors cleaning products
FAQ about wooden floor cleaning
What’s the best way to clean rustic wooden floors?
The stylish way to clean and maintain hardwood floors is to stick to a regular schedule.
- Reach, dust, or dry mop daily.
- Vacuum it weekly.
- Clean congested areas with a damp mop twice a month.
- Clean with the recommended hardwood bottom cleanser once a month.
Should wooden floors be washed?
Dirt, grease, canvas, and smut will naturally make up on your wood floor, so it’s a good idea to clean it in depth a good doubly a time to keep it looking stylish.
Is it safe to use vinegar to clean the wood floors?
Just do not use vinegar and water to clean wood bottoms. Since vinegar is an acid, it’ll actually break down the final subcaste on the bottom face, and over time it’ll reduce the shine and leave a dull appearance.
Can you use washing-up liquid to clean hardwood bottoms?
To effectively clean wood floors, the face should be vacuumed before mopping bottoms with a cleaner designed specifically for wooden floors. Washing liquid isn’t ideal for this task and can leave a thin film on the floor.
How do you clean damaged old wood floors?
Spray a small quantum of hardwood cleaner on the floor, also wipe the floor with a dry cloth or dust mop.
How to clean and polish rustic wooden floors naturally?
Mix equal corridor vegetable oil and white vinegar together to make a simple and effective hardwood floor cleaner. Vinegar is the perfect natural polish for cleaning. The acidity will help break down dirt and smut.
Can I use olive oil on the wooden floors?
Olive oil naturally moisturizes and polishes hardwood floors without leaving the subcaste of magnets common in store-bought products. It can clean and polish the floor at the same time or allows you to snappily buff dull areas back to a stunning shine
Can you use fabric softener on wood floors?
Don’t use a fabric softener to polish wooden floors. Use only manual floor polisher on linoleum and vinyl floors. Always follow the recommended cleaning instructions from the manufacturer of your flooring brand. Before trying any new floor cleansers, test them on a small area of the floor.
How can I make my wooden floors shine without wax?
- Mix about 1/4 mug (60 ml) of distilled vinegar in each gallon (3.8 liters) of warm water and mix well to get an effective solution
- Add many drops of essential oil.
- Soak the mop in the water and wring properly to keep away excess solution from spilling on the floor
Why do my wood floors look cloudy?
The most common causes of a foggy or cloudy film on hardwood floors after drawing are floor cleanser buildup, wax buildup, trapped humidity, and poor floor cleansers. All of these effects can make laminate bottoms appear to have a milky white substance on the face indeed after drawing
Can I use a brume mop on hard wooden floors?
- Avoid using a brume mop on wood
- Although it may be tempting to deep clean hardwood floors with a brume mop, do not do it. Extreme changes in temperature and moisture can beget wood to underpinning.
You should read