The human brain is the most complex organ in the human body and probably the most complex creation present in this universe. Let us know some amazing facts about our brain.
Some amazing facts about the human brain:
1. If the human brain were a computer, it could perform 38 thousand trillion operations per second. The world’s most powerful supercomputer, Blue Gene, can manage only .002% of that.
2. According to Wikipedia, The adult human brain weighs on average about 1.2–1.4 kg which is about 2% of the total body weight.
3. It comprises 60% of fat and is one of the fattiest organs in the human body.
4. Your brain is 73% water. It takes only 2% dehydration to affect your attention, memory and other cognitive skills.
5. Twenty-five percent of the body’s cholesterol resides within the brain. Cholesterol is an integral part of every brain cell. Without adequate cholesterol, brain cells die
6. A piece of brain tissue the size of a grain of sand contains 100,000 neurons and 1 billion synapses all communicating with each other.
7. It is believed by many that, human beings use less than 10% of their brain. This is a misconception because each and every part of the brain has a known function.
8. When awake the brain produces enough electricity to power a small light bulb.
9. If your brain loses blood for 8 to 10 seconds, you will lose consciousness. Lack of oxygen in the brain for 5 to 10 minutes results in permanent brain damage.
10. New brain connections are created every time you form a memory or learn something new.
11. The number of neurons present in the brain is approximately 100 billion which is about 15 times the total human population on earth. This high number of neurons increases the processing ability of the brain.
12. An adult man is able to think about 70000 topics every day!
13. Since the age of 30, the mass of human brain increased by 25% per year.