Sandalwood incense is one of the most famous and widely used types of incense, which is highly popular in many different cultures and countries,  especially those in which incense is generally used in daily life. It is burned when celebrating on religious occasions, while others use it with what is known as a treatment. With aromas, or to perfume different homes and places, this incense can be made at home in several different ways that will be discussed in the following article.
How to make sandalwood incense at Home
Sandalwood derived from the wood of the Santalum tree is considered one of the most sacred elements in various religions around the world. Sandalwood is one of the most expensive woods in the world and has been used as incense sticks since the advent of mankind.
Its distinctive, woody, warm and lasting fragrance has many benefits. Let’s explore all there is to sandalwood incense and how you can draw radiant energy from its unique, pious scent.
There are many methods that can be used to make sandalwood incense, including the following:
How to make sandalwood incense sticks
Sandalwood incense and sweet-smelling chewing gum are made by following the following steps:
- 4 tablespoons of ground sandalwood.
- A teaspoon of guar gum.
- A small amount of water.
- A mixing bowl, preferably made of glass.
- Chewing gum paste;
- Seal gun for making incense sticks.
- A wooden stick is 15 cm long to measure by.
- A piece of cardboard is used for packaging as a postcard to keep the incense inside.
- Waxed paper.
- Cardboard or plywood.
- Sharp knife.
- Juice strainer
Making method :
- All ingredients are sorted and filtered to check that there are no lumps inside, using a juice filter.
- Mix the previous ingredients together and gradually add a small amount of water, whether hot or cold, as desired.
- The ingredients are mixed well and kneaded by hand so that the mixture is in the form of crumbs that are easy to form by hand; To make incense balls free of cracks by it.
- Gradually add 1/4 teaspoon of guar gum to the mixture until the balls stick and the sandalwood granules are well together when shaped.
- The formed mixture is placed inside a conical dam pistol (a glue pistol used to seal holes and openings), so that a quantity of incense is tested in the form of sticks and its flexibility is tested by pressing the pistol. The incense will need more water, and therefore a small amount of it is added to it, mix well, and the experiment is repeated until obtaining cohesive incense sticks.
- Prepare a sheet of wax paper flat on a workbench or use a sheet of plywood as a surface on which to make incense sticks.
- Incense sticks are made using a hexagon by pumping the material inside so that the length of one stick is approximately 15 cm. They are all arranged on a regular basis on the plywood or wax board.
- The length can be checked by using a wooden stick of 15 cm length. All the sticks are also lined up next to it.
- The sticks are arranged and fixed in a straight way and adjusted before drying using the fingers of the hand, so that the longitudinal increments if any, are cut to obtain straight and elegant incense sticks of equal length as well.
- The resulting incense sticks are left at least 24 hours on a wooden or wax board to dry and firm up well before using them and burning them.
- It is recommended to cover them afterward and put them inside the mailing envelope; To maintain their strong and beautiful scent.
How to make sandalwood incense powder
This beautiful smelling incense is made by mixing a group of fresh aromatic flowers and sandalwood powder, known as loose incense, in the following way:
- 1 teaspoon of red sandalwood powder.
- 1 teaspoon of lavender flowers.
- 1 teaspoon of rosemary herb.
- 1 teaspoon of thyme leaves.
- 1 teaspoon of sage herb.
- 1 teaspoon of mint leaves.
- Electric mixer.
- 1 glass bowl for mixing.
- 1 glass bowl with a tight-fitting lid to keep the incense inside.
- 3-4 drops of beautiful-smelling essential oils.
Making method :
- Use one spoon to measure all the ingredients evenly and put them in a bowl; To prepare it for grinding without the need to pick it up.
- Grind the ingredients using the pestle or electric mixer; To get a fine powder.
- Add one teaspoon of red sandalwood powder to the mixture of ground herbs and flowers.
- Add 3-4 drops of a mixture of essential oils of choice, as desired, such as lavender, rosemary, peppermint, or others.
- Mix the ingredients together well, either by hand or using an electric mixer; To verify that it is mixed with sandalwood powder to obtain a good and pleasant-smelling incense.
- The resulting incense is placed in a glass container with a tightly closed lid and stored in a dry and cool place away from sunlight,
- do not open it unless it is desired to be used directly to keep its beauty rest.
How to use incense sticks made of sandalwood
Sandalwood incense, which is in the form of thin longitudinal sticks, is burned like other types of incense, where the flame is ignited from an external source such as a candle or lighter and placed directly on the incense sticks from the top; To be lit in turn and glow, then the source of the flame is removed from it to remain glowing and smells of the beautiful and fragrant smell of burning incense and overwhelms the place, but there are some things to consider when igniting it; To ensure the safety of the place and its residents, including the following:
- Use incense, whether sandalwood or any other type, in a well-ventilated place away from fabrics and curtains that can be burned by the flames.
- Never leave burning incense, regardless of its type or shape, unattended; To avoid accidents and fires.
- Do not place burning incense near children, pets, or moving objects such as curtains, or touch it, and remove it from them as much as possible.
- Using incense externally for the purpose of perfuming the place and making its smell attractive, and not to touch the body, eat it, or other wrong methods of use.
Best Sandalwood Incense sticks to Buy
- Satya Sandalwood Incense Sticks (Incense Sticks length 20cm, Weight Pack 15g, Pack Dimensions height 4cm x width 22cm depth 2cm, Box of 12 Packs height 13cm width 22cm x depth 8cm).
- Each 15g pack contains around 12 - 15 incense sticks.
- The original and best Satya Sai Baba Nag Champa Incense from the Shrinivas Sugandhalaya factory.
- The Nag Champa Collection is the most famous brand of incense in the world by far.
- It is traditionally made from a sandalwood base to which are added a variety of flower oils.
- Trademark Product from Bless International With 5000 plus reviews and the best in class which is Hand Rolled With Essential Oils and soaked for a minimum of 48 hours.
- Each 25 incense sticks box weighs around 40 GM and each stick is around 8 inches natural fiber stick that burns for 40-50 mins and fragrance lasts as long as 24 hours in a room.
- Our products are 100% natural and organic and are free from any harmful chemicals and are strongly scented with Sandalwood premium fragrance essential oil by Bless International Fragrances.
- Can be used for worshipping gods in many religions, to practice yoga or to meditate, to encourage emotional release, to deepen spirituality. To get inspired, to revamp your routine, to heal, to soothe and to waft the beautiful fragrance in your house and all around.
- Made fresh when you order them, guaranteed! You have the option of no questions return too with our products if you don’t like them. Also comes with an exclusive bestseller eBook Health Rich Wealth Rich.
- 6 Boxes - Each of 20 Grams, Total 120 Grams (about 120 Sticks)
- Benefits:- Incense Sticks are attractive to the senses and are pleasing to the eyes and nose. Generally, Incense Sticks are used to enhance the scent of a room or Office or during Prayer, Religious Ceremony, meditation, and yoga practice.
- Quality Fragrance:- Helps reduce the negative and increase the positive aspects of all zodiac signs. The scent of the sticks fills the environment with positive energy to make your living space aromatic and pleasant. Free from harmful chemicals like Benzene and Toluene. Safe for mixing and rolling by plain hands.
- Direction For Use:- Fit the incense stick into an incense burner. Light tip of the coated end of the stick with a flame. Once tip is glowing, carefully blow out the flame.
- Tips & Warning:- Always store your Incense Sticks in a cool dry place. If they pick up too much moisture they will not burn properly or poor quality incense. For fragrance purposes only. Keep out of the reach of children and pets. Burn away from all flammable items and materials. Never leave burning incense unattended. Ensure that all ashes fall onto a heatproof and fireproof surface. Burn incense in an open or well-ventilated area only. Please retain this information for future reference
- An exotic dreamy fragrance to elevate your senses and transport you to a space of divine bliss. Hem’s sandalwood incense has a classic oriental woody note that is known to increase serotonin levels, aid sleep, and stimulate creativity while acting as a natural room freshener. Derived from natural hand-picked ingredients, sandalwood is a great carrier for other aromas as well, making it the ideal scent to experiment with and create a unique blend of your own.
- BOX CONTAINS : 6 pack of 120 sticks (20 sticks each) with a burning time of 35-45 minutes per stick
- STRESS RELIEF : Our authentic hand-rolled incense sticks create soothing aromas relaxing your mind
- MULTIPLE USES : For cleansing aura, burn our incense sticks, eradicate negativity and promote space
- ORGANIC BLEND : With high-quality Charcoal, essential oils, fragrance oils, herbs, flowers & resins
- GOLD QUALITY: Our Incense has the highest charcoal content of any brand currently on the market - it delivers the purest, cleanest burn, and crystal clear fragrances.
- LONG LASTING: Package contains 100 incense sticks, approximately 60 minutes for each stick. Totaling over 100 hours of rich fragrance.
- SANDALWOOD SCENT: #1 Fragrance by GONESH. Smooth, fresh, earthy; Warm and soothing; Relaxing and sensual. It just goes to show that the best things in life are hard to describe.
- GOLD QUALITY: Enjoyed by millions; our unique fragrances are known the world over. Gonesh Incense can be found in stores in the United States, Japan, Canada, Mexico, China and more!
- ETHICAL PRACTICES: Gonesh Incense utilizes fair trade labor and environmentally responsible production methods to give you the best incense around. MADE IN CHICAGO, USA. Packaging is recyclable.
- Quality incense
- Traditional Japanese style incense
- Sandalwood incense
- Used to enhance tranquillity and serenity
- Burn time : Approx 25 minutes per stick
- This is a bundled product that includes Sandalwood incense of Satya incense and Trumiri incense holder.
- Incense Kit: This bundle includes 1 box of incenses. There are 12 packets in each box. Each packet has 15 incenses in it. Incense holder is also included in the bundle.
- Sandalwood incense are used as home fragrance products for smudging, spritual décor and meditation décor.
- Inciensos Aromaticos: Incenses are popular in every culture. Some of them even use them in witchcraft supplies.
- Agarbatti - Our incense are non toxic all natural organic and herbal. All incense are handcrafted in India according to traditional customs using minimal tools and almost no machinery.
- 100% NATURAL -Sandal-wood Natural incense Sticks completely handmade MADE FROM SCRATCH by blending natural resins, Herbs, Spices with aromatic wood powders, charred coconut powder fragrant oils and honey.No Dipping in Toxic Chemicals.
- PRODUCTION METHOD - Hand rolled in India with Indian traditional techniques which lasts longer.Raajsee Incense utilizes fair trade labor and environmentally responsible production methods to give you the best incense around .We lets you be assured that it is free of nasty chemicals like charcoal and other accelerants
- LONG LASTING - Length— 8 to 8.5 inch, Diameter--0.1in,100gm pack (Approx 75 pc Count per Box) Each natural stick burns for 45 mins (indoor environment)
- USAGE -Perfect for Everyday use,Worshipping, Church, Wedding events, Aromatherapy,Spa, Reiki, Meditation , Healing,Yoga , Sensual Therapy, Positivity, Relaxation etc . Our Incenses give you a feeling of compassion, well-being, inner peace, relaxation, centeredness, increased vitality and embodiment of oneself to raise your vibrations.
- Guarantee 100% pure herbal ingredients without any chemical fragrance. You can free return for any reason.
- The original and best Satya Sai Baba Nag Champa incense from the Shrinivas Sugandhalaya factory.
- The Nag Champa Collection is the most famous brand of incense in the world by far . It is traditionally made from a sandalwood base to which are added a variety of flower oils
- Each 15g pack contains around 12-15 incense sticks (determined by weight), Each incense stick is individually hand rolled in the high quality oils so each stick can vary slightly in its thickness
- This is export qualilty REXPO range as specified in the box. Machine made incenses. Made in India.
- Includes total of 240 sticks, 20 sticks in one package
- Great way to freshen up the odor in your house!
- Made in USA
- Gonesh Extra Rich Collection: Smooth, fresh, earthy. Warm and soothing, like comfort food without the calories! Relaxing and sensual.
Types of incense
Incense is classified according to the way it is used into two types, namely:
This incense is in the form of cones or longitudinal sticks made of flammable materials directly on their own when in contact with flame, and is characterized by ease of use compared to the difficulty of manufacture.
Bulk incense (non-flammable):
This incense is in the form of granules and is easy to make and mix, but it does not burn spontaneously as the previous type but needs another substance to burn, as coal tablets are usually used after heating, igniting, and placing them under it.
FAQ About Sandalwood Incense
What is the benefit of sandalwood incense sticks?
Sandalwood incense sticks (20 packs). Earthy sandalwood is the perfect scent for meditation and relaxation, providing serenity and calm.
Is sandalwood a good combustible?
For sandalwood powder, simply make a small “pyramid” in a heat-safe dish and light the top. The powder will burn slowly and give you an earthy, soothing sandalwood scent throughout your home. Sandalwood and agarwood chips are best burned over fragrance-free charcoal or through an electric stove.
Is sandalwood incense safe?
Two types of incense were tested. Both contain agarwood and sandalwood, which are two of the most common ingredients used in making this product. While some of these substances are irritating or slightly harmful (deficient in toxins), the ingredients in two of the samples are known to be highly toxic.
Why do people burn sandalwood?
Burning sandalwood incense sticks during cleansing and meditation rituals subdue feelings of irritability and aggressiveness, effectively promoting openness and compassion. Lifts and rejuvenates your spirit with calming energy.
Does incense have any health benefits?
It has been proven that the effect of good smells generated by incense sticks increases the level of serotonin in the brain. Serotonin is a natural mood stabilizer and helps with sleep, eating, and digestion. Serotonin also helps reduce depression, regulate anxiety, and reduce headaches.
Does incense purify the air?
Several studies have proven the antibacterial power of incense sticks. It is known to reduce bacteria in the air, sanitize and, at the same time, purify the air and maintain the same levels of purity for 24 hours.