How to store meat in freezer? We should know the right process. Meat is one of the staple foods on the dining table several days a week, and in order not to waste a lot of time and make a repeated effort to buy it every day, “Shopnodana” provides you with a complete guide on how to store meat in a healthy way from the time of purchase and then in the freezer or refrigerator
In addition to tips to thaw them properly after taking them out of the freezer. There are a lot of food safety standards that must be taken into account when storing them, to ensure that they maintain their freshness and texture while protecting them from exposure to any bacteria or germs. All you need now is to continue reading the article.
Tips for storing meat in a healthy way after buying it
Knowing the correct way to store meat is an essential thing to protect it from exposure to bacteria and germs, and thus protect your family from many health problems.
Here are a set of tips that will help you preserve meat after purchasing it:
- Buy fresh meat, and it should be red or pink, not dull gray, moist and not sticky, and most importantly make sure it doesn’t spoil with its smell.
- Put the meats together in the same bags, away from other foods, until you get home.
- Make sure to put bags of meat near the window when transporting, or turn on the air conditioning if you have a car.
- Put the meat in the fridge as soon as you get home, even if you plan to cook it a little later, or store it in the freezer.
As for how to store it in the refrigerator, this is what we tell you in the next paragraph
How to store meat in the refrigerator
When buying meat, keep it in the fridge to help slow the growth of germs, and keep food safe and fresh for longer, and the same thing after you’ve cooked it, so it’s important to follow these tips:(1)
1. Put fresh meat in the refrigerator as soon as you get home, to prevent bacteria from forming, and to prevent food poisoning.
2. Keep cooked meat separate from raw meat and other prepared foods in the refrigerator. Put raw meat up to three days after purchase on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator, as it provides the highest cooling temperature until cooked, and three to four days if it is cooked.
3. Wait for leftover cooked meat to cool to room temperature, then store it in the refrigerator, and eat it within two days.
As for the method of preserving meat in the freezer, it is as follows.
How to keep the meat in the freezer
To keep the meat healthy, sound, and its fresh flavor for a long time during storage in the freezer, follow these steps:
1. Divide the meat into portions before freezing, according to the amount you need in each cooking.
2. Put them in resealable plastic bags or airtight containers.
3. Do not keep a date on the container or bag from the outside.
4. Make sure you pack meat properly in the freezer and keep it away from other foods.
5. Eat it within three to six months.
6. Never refreeze raw meat after it has been defrosting, but you can refreeze cooked meat once, as long as it has been cooled before placing it in the freezer.
The fastest way to defrost meat
To defrost frozen meat, follow these tips:
1. Put the meat in the fridge overnight: until the ice is completely gone, and if you want to speed up this process, you can defrost it in the microwave, or put the bag of meat in a bowl under the tap, to defrost underwater.
2. Put the meat in a deep bowl: to prevent blood from leaking from it after defrosting it, and to avoid the spread of any bacteria attached to it to foods or various objects in the kitchen.
You got to know with us, dear, tips for storing meat in a healthy way, do not hesitate to follow all the previous steps, to maintain its freshness, taste, and texture, and to be safe for you and your family.