Here are 10 delicious slow cooker recipes for you! Do you just think about your slow cooker during those cold months? Well, dust off that crockery and give it another look because we rounded up the best slow cooker recipes to make you feel light this summer season too.
These Crock-Pot or slow cooker recipes are easy solutions to cooking some of your best dishes in a breeze so you have to worry about the most important things. Do you have a single or double or triple slow cooker in your kitchen? It doesn’t matter! There are huge options- from oatmeal to stuffed peppers, your slow cooker can do it all.
1. Crockpot Barley and Bean Tacos
Vegetarian tacos are a delicious and healthy way to spend a warm night in the backyard. Filled with black beans, tomatoes, and barley, this dish is full of flavor and health benefits.
Barley is one of the best carbs to help suppress your appetite because this stuff is brimming with soluble fiber (the kind that’s sure to keep you full for longer).
Apart from that, it is also a great source of manganese, copper, vitamin B1, and magnesium. A study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition indicates that barley has a lot of positive effects on cholesterol and can help maintain friendly bacteria in the digestive system. What a wonderful pill!
Barley pie and bean tacos are healthy and delicious! With a veggie-packed barley grain filling and finished with delicious chipotle avocado cream, this meatless meal will keep you coming back for more. Vegan with dairy-free / vegan option.
To fill in:
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 can (15 ounces) of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14-ounce) can of roast diced tomatoes
- 1 cup barley
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Half a teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
To make the Chipotle Avocado Cream:
- 1 medium-sized ripe avocado
- 1 1/2 tablespoons plain Greek or dairy-free yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of milk of your choice
- 1 teaspoon chopped chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- ⅛ 1 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- Flour or corn tortilla
- Chopped fresh coriander
- Feta collapsed
To fill in:
Add all the filling ingredients to a saucepan. Stir well, cover, and simmer over low heat for 5 to 6 hours. You want most of the liquid to be absorbed and the barley to be nice, soft, and chewy.
To make the avocado cream:
Remove the pot from the avocado and place it in a medium-sized bowl. Mash well with a fork.
Add Greek yogurt, milk, chopped chipotle, and salt. Mix until well blended.
Put a little filling on the tortilla with a spoon. Add a little avocado cream, coriander, and feta.
2. Making Dolma in a Slow Cooker
The recipe is simple:
Minced meat (beef, rice, onions, garlic, salt, black pepper) wrapped in vine leaves.
Pour a little water (if the grape leaves are salted, salt should not be added to the water) because the grape leaves will be tougher than the cabbage leaves,
Stew for a long time: 3 hours on strong and 3 on slow.
Serve the sauce – yogurt, seasoned with garlic, finely chopped cilantro and dill, and a pinch of salt.
Choose the younger leaves (the lightest ones) Actually they are collected at the beginning of summer for the pickled cabbage rolls (I’m freezing) but I tried to make the old ones too. Then do not scald it with boiling water, but keep it in boiling water for several minutes.
You can cook from freshly cut leaves by pouring boiling water over them (optional). In this case, you should salt the water in which the dolma will weaken.
3. Slow Cooker Recipes- Meat with Vegetable Soup in the Slow Cooker
- 55 g butter
- 100 g beef bacon, chopped with layers of fat
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 4 sprigs of celery, finely chopped
- 500 g potatoes, without skin, diced
- 2 large carrots, without skins, diced
- 4 cabbage leaves,
- 4 large peeled and chopped large tomatoes shredded into large pieces
- 2.25 liters of chicken broth
- 3 tbsp. to. tomato paste
- 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. to. Parsley, finely chopped
- 150 gm of seashells (pasta products)
- 3 tbsp. to. Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Melt butter in a saucepan to toast the bacon and vegetables until soft.
- Make broth and add broth, bacon, and vegetables to a ceramic saucepan.
- Add remaining ingredients except for parsley, rinds, and parmesan cheese.
- Install a ceramic pot with a lid on the base and cook for 4-6 hours.
- In 45 minutes, add serving seashells and parsley.
- When, if necessary, add seasoning and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
- Served with a crunchy french loaf.
- 3 tbsp. to. Grated Parmesan Cheese
4. Vegetable Shrimp Soup Recipe in Slow Cooker
- 2 cups diced Spanish or white onions
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup fresh or frozen broccoli, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 2 Tbsp. to. Margarine or butter
- 2 cups diced potatoes
- 1 can (10 ounces) of frozen corn,
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound peeled small shrimp
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large stockpot, cook onions, carrots, and celery in butter or ghee for 3-4 minutes, until softened.
- Add potatoes, corn, and chicken broth and let it boil.
- Move everything to Dolgopark.
- Cook for 6-8 hours on low heat.
- Add shrimp, mustard, and parsley.
5. Bean Soup in Slow Cooker
This is one of the best and easiest slow cooker recipes
- 1 can (16 ounces) of dried beans,
- 3 quarts chicken broth,
- 1 bay leaf,
- 1 tsp. and Chester sauce,
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder,
- 1/4 tsp. Nutmeg,
- 5 drops Tabasco,
- 4 tsp. caraway seeds,
- 1/2 tsp. celery salt,
- 1/2 tsp. Ground black pepper,
- 1 cup shredded carrots,
- 1 cup chopped onion,
- 1 cup chopped celery,
- 1 tbsp. to. Fresh parsley,
- 1/2 pound beef, croutons.
Soak the beans and dry them. Put in a dolly. Add everything else. Simmer on low heat for 8 hours.
6. Lemon stuffed duck
- Duck 2-2.5 kg
- Lemon 2 pieces
- Hmeli Suneli 1.5 tbsp
- rice 300 gr
- Rub the duck with salt, inside and out.
- Then rub in the spices inside and out as well.
- I do not regret the seasoning, I take 1.5 tbsp.
- After that, fill it with lemon. To do this, cut 2 lemons into slices. Make 8 lemon pieces. I push circles of one lemon under the skin of the duck. To do this, we pull the skin away from the flesh, and a pocket is formed in which a slice of lemon easily fits. I do 4 circles on the back and 4 on the stomach. 2 from the side of the neck and 2 from the bottom. The second lemon slice was placed inside the abdomen. And send the duck to marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- I put the duck in a slow cooker, turn on the fast mode, and leave it for 2 hours.
- I take 300 g of rice, pour boiling water, and leave for 30 minutes under the lid.
- Strain the water and add salt, and sprinkle the turmeric to make the rice yellow.
- Add your favorite spices – cumin, barberry …
- I send rice to a slow cooker and pour 400 grams of boiling water.
- Close the lid and continue cooking for another 2 hours, this time with rice.
- Total cooking time 4 hours.
7. Slow Cooker Chicken Casserole
- Butter as you like
- Half a tablespoon of rapeseed or olive oil
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoon flour
- 650 gm boneless, skinless chicken thigh fillets
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- 400g baby potatoes, cut into halves
- 2 celery sticks, diced
- 2 chopped carrots
- 250gm mushrooms, cut into quarters
- 15g dried porcini mushrooms, soaked in 50ml boiling water
- 500ml stock made from 2 cubes low salt chicken stock (we used kale)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard, plus extra for serving
- 2 bay leaves
Heat a stick of butter and ½ tablespoon of rapeseed or olive oil in a large skillet, cook a large, finely chopped onion for 8-10 minutes until softened and beginning to caramelize.
Meanwhile, put 1 tablespoon flour and a pinch of salt and pepper in a bowl and stir in 650g boneless, skinless chicken thigh fillets.
Add 3 crushed garlic cloves and the chicken to the skillet and simmer for another 4-5 minutes until the chicken begins to turn brown.
Transfer to the slow cooker, with 400g of new potatoes cut in half, 2 diced celery, 2 diced carrots, 250g of quartered mushrooms, 15g of dried porcini mushrooms, soaked in the soaking liquid 50ml, 500ml of chicken stock, 2 A teaspoon of Dijon mustard and 2 tablets of leaves.
Give it a good stir. You have to cook on low settings for 7 hours or on high for 4 hours.
Before serving remove the bay leaves and serve with a little Dijon mustard on the side.
8. Slow Cooker Creamy Vegetable Chicken Stew
This creamy chicken and slow-cooking vegetable broth ticks all the boxes for healthy comfort food. Delicious, creamy, flavorful, and full of vegetables! It is one of the best slow cooker recipes. Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Paleo/Whole30 Cucumber.
5 hours 30 minutes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, cut into cubes
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 pound potatoes, cut into cubes
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups of broth
- 1 cup full-fat milk or coconut milk if dairy-free is not needed
- 2 cups frozen peas ( omitted for paleo or whole30)
- Heat a large skillet over medium to high heat and add the oil. Once the oil is hot, add the onions, carrots, and celery, stirring often. Cook until onions are soft. Add garlic, parsley, and thyme. Stirring constantly, and cook until fragrant. This will take about one minute. Remove from heat.
- Pour all the ingredients into your slow cooker. Add the potatoes, chicken, salt, and broth to the slow cooker and stir until combined.
Cover and cook over high heat for 4-5 hours or on low heat for 6 hours or until chicken is cooked.
- Once the soup is cooked, continue to the slow cooker. Add the coconut milk and frozen peas. Stir to mix and let the peas cook in the hot soup for 10-15 minutes or until the peas are wilted and the soup is hot again.
Serve warm, topped with extra parsley if you like.
9. Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Chicken Curry
Easy slow cooker recipes- Quick to prepare, veggie-packed, and full of warm flavor, Slow Cooker / Instant Pot Butternut Squash Chicken Curry is the perfect dinner any night of the week!
This dinner will wow your palate with cauliflower rice, jasmine rice, or just on its own, and save you time in the kitchen.
- 1 15 ounces pumpkin puree (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken, raw, cut into small cubes
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into small cubes
- 1 13.5-ounce can of chilled whole coconut milk (this makes the cream rise to the top)
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos (sub soy sauce if GF, Paleo, or Whole 30 isn’t needed)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 1/2 cup broth
- Coriander for garnish (optional)
- Combine chicken, nut puree, pumpkin, garlic, sweet potato, coconut aminos, curry powder, ginger, salt, and broth in the slow cooker. Stir until smooth.
- Open the coconut milk and extract the cream. Set the cream aside in another cup and pour the coconut water into the mixture in the slow cooker. Stir again to mix.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 2-4 hours or until chicken is cooked through. Every slow cooker is individual and different, so the cooking time will depend on your slow cooker’s settings.
- Once done cooking, remove the lid and stir in the coconut cream and lemon juice
- If you prefer the sauce to be thicker, turn to high and cook, uncovered, for 15-30 minutes.
- Serve warm over cauliflower rice or plain rice, or enjoy it on its own. Coriander garnish is preferred.
10. Slow Cooker Recipes- Lemon Thyme Whole Chicken Recipe
Slow cookers cook slowly, low, and very well. A whole chicken will not dry out as quickly as chicken breasts, and the bones will give the meat great flavor.
The lemon juice in this recipe gives the chicken a little tang (and some added moisture) and the thyme adds an earthy flavor to the dish.
Make lemon thyme chicken while you’re prepping your meal for easy lunches (amazing on salads) or toss it in the slow cooker before you rush out in the morning so dinner is ready and waiting for you and the family at the end of a busy day.
- 1 whole chicken (3-4 pounds)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 5 sprigs of fresh and green thyme or 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 3-5 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Remove the chicken giblets from the chicken and rinse with cold water. Put in a slow cooker.
- Pour lemon juice over a whole chicken and sprinkle with sea salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Set the garlic cloves and bay leaves in the slow cooker around the whole chicken.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook the chicken over low heat for 9-10 hours or on high heat for 4-5 hours.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, the meat should slide easily off the bone and you can enjoy it right away or store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
FAQ-Slow Cooker Recipes- Cooking in Slow Cooker
Can you put raw chicken in a slow cooker?
Raw chicken, just cooked on low settings, will usually cook within 4-6 hours if you haven’t overfilled the slow cooker with the ingredients. The more sauce in the saucepan and the fewer pieces of chicken, the less time will be required.
How long should I cook chicken in a slow cooker?
Place chicken and stock, stock, or water in a 4-quart or larger slow cooker. Cook the chicken. Cover and cook until the chicken is cooked through and registers an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit, 4 to 5 hours on the low setting, or 2 to 3 hours on the high setting. chop the chicken
Can you slow-cook chicken without liquid?
Do you need to add liquid? As long as the breast pieces are in a single layer and in contact with the slow cooker, there is no need. If you are making multiple layers, you will need to add liquid to cover the meat, but I don’t recommend this. Spices won’t stick either
Can you put frozen chicken in a slow cooker?
It all comes down to the temperature and timing. “It’s safe to cook frozen chicken in the slow cooker,” Quinn Patton, a food scientist formerly with PepsiCo, told TODAY. “You just need to make sure the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees at some point during the cooking process.
Should meat be submerged in a slow cooker?
The short answer is yes, usually all meat we cook in a slow cooker should be submerged in liquid. This is because the slow cooker is ideal for cheaper, slightly fatty cuts of meat. The liquid is necessary to dissolve and soften the tough fibers in the meat.
Is it better to slow down the chicken, on high or on low?
Always cook boneless, skinless chicken breasts for the best results. I don’t recommend cooking boneless chicken breast on high, as it will turn out to be very dry, even if you check it early. At higher altitudes, the chicken becomes drier. I consistently have the best results with lower
Can you overcook chicken in a slow cooker?
Can you overcook chicken in the slow cooker? Yes, this is possible! If meat is cooked too long, it may end up dry rather than tender and tender. The recommended times in the recipe are ideal for juicy results, but if you are using less chicken than the recipe calls for, I recommend checking it sooner.
Why does chicken fall apart in a slow cooker?
Chicken disintegrates because the connective tissues in the meat turn into gelatin. Cooking meat in a moist environment at low temperatures causes the connective tissues (collagen) in the meat to melt into delicious gelatin and makes the meat more firm.
Our top-rated slow cookers
No products found.