Benefits of Olive Oil -10 Reasons to Apply Olive Oil to Your Hair, Skin and Nails
The benefits of olive oil on hair and skin are countless! Olive oil is very healthy and is widely used for health care, skincare, and hair care. It is prepared by pressing the olive and extracting its oil and comes in different forms. It offers a range of beauty uses.
Unlike the use of olive oil in salad sauce or fried dishes, you can also add this ingredient to your beauty routine for skincare, hair, and nails.
According to the International Olive Council, olive oil is rich in many vitamins, including A, D, K, and E, which play a key role in enhancing your beauty. (1)
In fact, this oil is used as a key ingredient in a number of facial cleansing products, hair care products, soap, body wash, and lotions.
Benefits of Olive oil for skin
Here are some reasons to include olive oil in the daily beauty system.
1. Keep skin moisturized
Olive oil contains moisturizing properties that help keep your skin smooth, smooth, and moist. It easily penetrates deep into the skin and gives long-lasting results. It is very useful for those who have dry skin.
Moreover, natural fats in olive oil contribute to the production of sebum. Sebum is a natural lubricant for the body. Also, olive oil can help repair damaged skin cells.
A study conducted in 2016 in Nanomaterials and Nanotechnology found that fine emulsions of olive oil are an attractive combination in cosmetic development studies and can be used as a delivery system for cosmetic ingredients or biologically active compounds. (2)
Skin irritation and moisturizing tests were suggested in human subjects for further study.
After bathing, dry your skin slightly. Use olive oil as a moisturizer and massage it on your skin while still slightly moist.
Use olive oil on your face, hands, and legs at bedtime to enjoy moist, fresh skin in the morning.
2. Benefits of olive oil for skin- fights premature aging of the skin
As you age, your skin begins to show signs of aging, such as wrinkles and fine lines. But with olive oil, you can keep these marks.
Vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant found in olive oil, helps replenish new skin cells that help keep the skin plump and moisturized. Also, the skin can tighten to prevent signs of premature aging.
The monounsaturated fatty acids in olive oil renew your skin and make it young.
A study published in PLOS One in 2012 supports the beneficial effect of dietary olive oil or healthy diet habits associated with olive oil consumption over the severity of facial capture. (3)
- Add olive oil to your diet. You can use it for cooking or as a salad sauce.
- For daily treatment, massage gently lukewarm olive oil on the face, neck, hands, and legs for at least 5 minutes. I do this every night before going to bed.
- Another option is to put two tablespoons of organic raw honey, one tablespoon of olive oil, and half a cup of ripe papaya pulp in a bowl.
- Mix well and apply it to your face. Leave for 5 to 10 minutes, then rinse the mixture with warm water. Use this mask once or twice a week.
3. Olive oil Soothes the sunburn of your skin
If you feel sunburn, use olive oil as a treatment. This ingredient can help heal severe sunburn.
The quiet and moist nature of olive oil helps reduce inflammation and revitalize the skin. It also prevents skin peeling, a common symptom of sunburn.
With regular use, olive oil can reduce sun damage to your skin and keep it healthy. A study published in 2011 in the journal Cognognosy Review found that olive oil obscures about 20% of ultraviolet rays. (4)
- Just rub some olive oil in the sunburned area and leave it for a few hours. Rinse with cold water. Do this several times a day for several days to promote healing.
- You can also add some olive oil to a warm bath and soak your body in it for at least 30 minutes. I do this once a day.
4. Benefits of Olive Oil-Fades dark circles
You can use olive oil to get rid of dark circles under your eyes. Olive oil contains polyphenols, vitamin E, and phytosterol help to lighten the skin and remove dark spots. (6)
Olive oil also nourishes the delicate skin around your eyes and softens delicate lines.
- Gently raise some olive oil under your eyes and massage gently for a few minutes before going to bed.
- The next morning, wash the area with water. Repeat once a day.
- Another option is to mix equal amounts of olive oil and lemon juice and apply the mixture to the dark circles around your eyes.
- Leave for 10 minutes, then wash your face with lukewarm water. Do this 1 or 2 times a day.
You should read
14 Amazing Benefits Of Castor Oil For Hair, Skin & Health
5. Olive Oil Repair Cracked Heels
Cracked heels, need moisture to heal. Thanks to its strong moisturizing properties.
Olive oil is the perfect solution to this problem. For best results, use olive oil before bedtime. This will give the oil enough time to fully penetrate your skin.
- Soak your feet in soapy water for 10 minutes.
- Rub your feet gently with a pumice stone.
- Wash your feet with water and dry them thoroughly.
- Put a large amount of olive oil on your ankles and abdomen.
- Massage for 5 minutes.
- Wear a pair of clean socks and go to bed.
- Repeat this daily for a few days until the heel cracks are completely healed.
6. Benefits of Olive Oil- Heals Chapped Lips
Olive oil is very effective in treating cracked and dry lips because of its vitamin E content. (7) It also acts as a moisturizer for the lips to make your lips soft and soft.
Another olive oil benefit is the component of olive oil also softens dark lips and makes them shiny.
- Mix the coarse sugar with a teaspoon of olive oil. If you like, add a little lemon juice to the mixture.
- Use the mixture to clean your lips gently.
- Rinse your lips with lukewarm water, gently dry them and apply a little olive oil.
- Do this several times a week.
- You can also use olive oil directly on your lips daily before going to sleep to prevent them from drying or cracking.
7. Benefits of olive oil as a natural makeup remover
If you have a bottle of olive oil in your home, you will not need to buy a commercial makeup remover. Another olive oil benefit is extra virgin olive oil acts as an effective natural makeup remover.
Oil helps to hold onto other oil-based products that may have been applied to your face, making it a great natural remedy for removing makeup. It can even help you get rid of waterproof makeup, which is difficult to remove.
In addition, it helps to maintain the moisture of your skin well.
- To clear the light makeup, place a little olive oil on the cotton ball.
- Use this to remove makeup from your face. Then, wash your face.
- To remove heavy makeup, put a few drops of virgin olive oil all over your face.
- Massage around your face and leave it for a while.
- Continue by wiping your face well with a cloth dampened with lukewarm water.
Benefits of Olive Oil For Hair and Nails
8. Promotes Healthy Hair
Whether it’s hair loss or thinning hair; olive oil can be very helpful for your hair health. In fact, this oil is the solution to a number of hair problems. (5)
The benefit of olive oil is it moisturizes and promotes healthy hair growth. Also, olive oil penetrates deep into the hair columns and softens the scalp tissue to treat scalp inflammation.
- Massage some lukewarm olive oil into your scalp (in a circular motion) for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Leave it overnight.
- The next morning, shampoo your hair as usual.
- Do this 2 or 3 times a week.
9. Benefits of Olive oil as a conditioner
The main chemical components of olive oil are oleic acid, palmitic acid, and squalene. These are all humectants, which means they have softening qualities. In fact, many shampoos, conditioners, and pomades contain lab-made versions of moisturizers.
The benefits of olive oil for hair care are it can add softness and strengthen your hair by penetrating the hair shaft and retaining moisture. The shine that is said to come from olive oil may be due to the oil softening the outer layer of the hair.
10. Thick hair
Olive oil is more beneficial for thick, dry hair. Advocates say it can keep hair hydrated and strong. Olive oil tends to lighten thinning hair. Oily hair and scalp do not need moisturizing.
11. Treated hair
Thickly treated hair – such as hair treated with straighteners, perms, or bleaches – especially benefits from extra moisture.
Always wait at least 72 hours after the initial treatment before applying olive oil. If you are using olive oil on bleached hair, test a strand to make sure the oil doesn’t leave any trace of the green shade behind.
12. Split ends
One of the best benefits of olive oil for hair is it can help soften broken or burned ends of your hair. Apply it to the last two inches of damaged strands.
Even if you’re only treating the ends, keep your hair taut so the olive oil doesn’t spill onto your clothes. To completely smooth your hair, start at the scalp and work the oil through to the ends.
13. Benefits of Olive oil for lice
Olive oil can help remove head lice, but it is no more effective than other oil or conditioning treatments. It is essential to use the appropriate comb and make sure that you get rid of live lice and their nits.
If you are trying to treat dandruff, keep in mind that it has many causes, including fungi. As far as we know, there is no cure for dandruff, although the use of olive oil may reduce dandruff.
Massage olive oil into your dry scalp and comb through dandruff. Leave the olive oil in your hair and cover it with a shower cap for extra hydration.
9. Olive oil Strengthens weak nails
Another benefit of Olive oil is it is also a good treatment for weak and fragile nails due to its vitamin E content.
Olive oil can also prevent joints, which are small parts of the skin dangling from the skin and can cause a lot of pain and discomfort.
- Before going to bed, try to massage a few drops of warm olive oil into your nails for a few minutes.
- Wear a cotton glove, then go to sleep.
- Wash your nails with warm water the next morning,
- Repeat this beauty treatment daily.
Benefits of Olive Oil– Additional tips
- When it comes to olive oil, choose a high-quality product that does not contain additives or chemicals.
- Do not use olive oil for cosmetic purposes if you have sensitive skin or fatty skin or if you suffer from skin diseases such as dermatitis.
- Avoid exposing olive oil to excess heat, light, or oxygen.
- Do not forget to add olive oil to your diet, where beauty starts from the inside!
Which olive oil is best for hair? -Should I use extra virgin olive oil on my hair?
When it comes to your hair, no version of olive oil just won’t work. Go the extra virgin olive oil (EVOO); It is high-quality olive oil that you can buy.
It is an unrefined oil – meaning it is not treated with chemicals or heat – and must meet very specific criteria to obtain the “extra virgin” seal. Extra virgin olive oil is made in a special way that allows the oil to retain a greater amount of the olives’ natural vitamins and minerals.
Jasmine Essential Oil Benefits for Skin and Hair and How to Use It