Usually, in the presence of water or air in sour fruits, the fungus develops and destroys the natural taste and religion of the fruit.
Almost all kinds of sour fruits are preserved through sweet and spicy pickles or marmalade. It can be preserved for long periods of time if you can protect against fungus. By using some methods, foods can easily be protected from this. How to Keep Pickles Fungus Free for a Long Time? Here are some useful tips to keep pickles fungus free.
We Don’t Add Any Water to the Pickles But How Does it Come?
The fungus is found in homemade pickles at different times, due to the fact that the water is in them. Maybe the water originates from where it has come because we use oil to conduct. In fact, when mustard oil is collected from mustard, water is used in it, after which it is filtered and after some time the water goes away. Therefore, it is very important to take the oil in a pan and heat it to protect the stew from the fungus.
How to Keep Pickles Fungus Free for a Long Time?
#Salt and oil act as a preservative in pickles. The oil layer floating above the pickle blocks the moisture from the outside making any contact with the pickle.
# Acids and sodium benzoate keep pickles good for a long time. Controller: Condiments made from salt, sugar, vinegar or vinegar, spices, etc. remain good for several years.
# The use of water quickly grows fungus. Do not stir with your hands, use a spoon. When taking from the pickles, be careful not to have water in the spoon.
# A Glass jar is good for pickles.
# Occasionally it is good to keep it in the sun for hours.
# If the oil level is low, and you are thinking to add some extra oil in it, then heat the mustard oil at first. Coo it completely and add to the pickles jar.
# Fill the pickles in a big jar and refrigerate them. Take some small proportions into a small jar. And use the small jar whenever you want to taste. Thus the small jar gets exhausted before absorbing much moisture, and the other jars in the refrigerator remain fresh for a long time as they are not exposed to moisture.
#Some people use three main ingredients to keep their pickles fresh- Salt, Vinegar, and boiled and cooled mustard oil.
More Tips to preserve pickles Longer
# if possible keep the amount of chilly very high. This will work as a preservative.
# Keep the pickle highly salty, keep the solution saltier than it’s needed. The amount of salt will decrease over time as the pickle absorbs some of it.
# If you are using mangoes, olives and any other sour fruits then keep them in the sun for one or two days. Mix some garlic paste, salt, red chili powder, and turmeric powder and dry it as there is no moisture.
# If the green mangoes are kept in lime water, then the mango does not break during the preparation.
# The lack of space to keep there in the sunshine, they can safely keep in the deep freezer. If you put the chutney this way it will not be wasted. If you do not give vinegar or sodium benzoate in the pickles, they will also run. But for Kashmiri pickles, vinegar is given to taste.
# Put the pickles in the jar and sink it with cold mustard oil. Lightly shake the jar so that there is no air inside it. Keep it in the sun for 15 days and this will make your pickles fungus free for a long time.
Pickle Maintenance -How to Keep Pickles Fungus Free? Here is a Simple Technique
- After making the pickle, leave the pickle covered with a muslin cloth for two to three days in the sun so that the pickle’s moisture is removed and the pickle can be preserved for a long time.
- Pickles can spoil quickly even when there is moisture in the pickle seasoning, so fry the spices a little before making pickles or keep them in the sun and remove the moisture.
- Pickles are made in several ways such as oil pickles and sweet pickles. Some pickles are made for a month and some pickles are used throughout the year.
- The salt in pickles acts as a preservative. Pickles can spoil even when the salt content is low.
- In oily pickles, it is essential to keep the pickle submerged in the oil, even in small bowls. This prevents the fungus.
- While making sweet pickles, there should be no water in the pickle. If you are making a pickle with sugar syrup, it is necessary to cook up to one wire of syrup.
- Transfer Pickles From a large bowl to a small glass bowl for daily use, it does not spoil the pickle quickly and it is easy to use.
- Pickles should always be immersed in oil. Once the pickle is out, marinate the remaining pickle again so that the oil remains on top of the pickle and the pickle remains submerged in the oil.
How do I use the leftover oil from a mango pickle?
Never put back the oil in the pickles jar. You can easily use these spices and oil in other cooking. You can prepare achari gobi, achari alu, paratha, achari chicken, and many more. Or you can use that oil with mayonnaise to make achari dip for your evening snacks.
What to do with the leftover pickle juice?
This juice is basically vinegar, so you can use it for any vegetables or fruits you want to ferment and pickle, or any of the other things you use vinegar for.
You can use this as a salad dressing. But the wise thing will be that, add more cucumber or amla, berries, and also add salt and spices as needed. You can do the same thing with the leftover pickles oil. You can add super thin onions, finely shredded cabbage, a little hot sauce, thinly sliced peppers, garlic, ginger whatever