You will be surprised to learn that nature has its own way of allowing the vagina to clean itself. The vaginal lining contains glycogen and healthy bacteria, which can produce natural protective chemicals, especially lactic acid. These bacteria help maintain an acidic environment (pH 3.5-4.5) that does not allow infectious bacteria or harmful microbes to settle in.
The pH level of a healthy vagina is typical between 3.5 to 4.5, that means the area is little acidic in nature. some problems occur due to an imbalance of pH in the vagina are.
1. Yeast infection
2. Excessive vaginal discharge.
4. Painful intercourse
5. Bad smell.
What can cause infections?
You may wonder if nature has taken care of a woman’s intimate health, what can cause infection? The most common causes are many, including wet weather, unhealthy practices, and multiple sexual partners. Narrow synthetic underwear, poor water intake, and self-medication with antibiotics can predispose a girl to recurrent vaginal infection. These infections cause unpleasant odor secretions and difficulty urinating and itching in special areas. In more serious cases, they are likely to climb into the uterine cavity, and the tubes cause deep-rooted infections, leading to chronic abdominal pain, and can hinder fertility.
What’s the Best Way to Clean Vagina?
However, using baking soda in the vaginal area can restore the pH balance. baking soda is alkaline in nature. When it mixed with something acidic, it neutralizes the area and restores the pH balance of your vagina. This amazing and powerful ingredient works great as a skin exfoliator. Sodium bicarbonate or baking soda cleanses the skin and removes dark spots very efficiently. The medical experts claim that the hyperpigmentation, which usually appears around the dark pubic area can be successfully removed by a combination of baking soda and water.
How to clean vagina and remove dark spots with baking soda
1. Mix two teaspoons of baking soda in a mug filled with lukewarm water. Apply this to your entire vaginal area. wash it once again with regular water and pat dry with a towel. Don’t let it for a long time because it can leave the area dry.
2. Add one-half cup of baking soda to a bucket full of lukewarm water. Pour the water in your bathtub and allow your lower body till your waist to soak in it for 20 minutes. Take a shower and pat yourself dry.
3. Just mix 1-part water and 3 parts baking soda. Mix these 2 ingredients well, until you get a thick paste. Then, you need to apply the mixture to the affected area, let it dry and then rinse it off. Make sure you repeat the same procedure twice a week.
How to prevent darkening of the skin?
Vaginal washers help maintain cleanliness and give a feeling of comfort and freshness, but they do not lighten the skin. Darkening of the skin in special areas occurs due to sweating and keratin (sizing and peeling) skin, due to the use of harsh soaps. Wearing tight synthetic underwear for a long time prevents the skin to breathe, and retains moisture from perspiration, causing inflammation and darkness. Maintain cleanliness and use a light moisturizer that soothes the skin.
Feel obliged to buy your special soap
Typically, the vagina has a pH level of about 3.5 to 4.5 (the pH is measured on a scale from zero to 14). When using hygiene products such as body wash, which usually have a pH of about eight, this can get your pH balance away from the limit, leading to itching, irritation, and odor.
Unscented soap is always better because it has no odors that can be irritating. What’s more, bar soap is a better choice than overall body wash because it usually doesn’t have a high alcohol content or some odor.
Just be sure to keep an eye out for persistent itching, dehydration, a change in discharge, or an increase in yeast infection – these are signs you may need to use a more sensitive soap.
Try these products to clean your vagina and make it odor and bacteria-free
3. Vagina Dry Moisturizer Intimate Skin Care, Vaginal Moisturizer & Personal Lubricant that relieves Dryness, Itching, Burning, Redness, Chafing, Odor, Menopause Symptoms.
Aside from understanding the key aspects of private health and hygiene, here are a few points to remember:
- Do not use harsh soaps with alkaline pH and strong odor.
- Use a mild wash every day after bathing.
- Dab the area after washing; avoid washing thoroughly.
Ladies, there is no need to worry! Knowing the basics and taking some simple steps to maintain cleanliness can solve all your queries.