How to Make Garlic Pickle at Home? Garlic is rich in many health benefits. Because of its medicinal properties, garlic was used extensively in ancient times and we still do so. It is used for culinary purposes as well as for medicinal purposes.
Both raw and pickled garlic is used to treat many health conditions. Garlic has been found to be beneficial against colds and flu by boosting your immunity. Garlic is also used to treat high blood pressure, liver disorders, flatulence, intestinal worms, diabetes, bronchitis, other respiratory problems, fatigue, and indigestion.
Fermented foods like pickled garlic can boost your gut bacteria with probiotics, or good bacteria.
Read about- How to make pickled vegetables?
Pickled garlic ingredients
- ½ kilo (500 g) garlic.
- 2 green or red peppers, to taste.
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) white vinegar.
- 1 tablespoon (10 g) of salt.
- 1 teaspoon (5 g) sugar.
- 1 teaspoon (5 g) chili (optional)
How to Make Garlic Pickle at Home
1. Put a quantity of water in a saucepan over medium heat, and let it come to a boil.
2. Add garlic after peeling, and leave it for five minutes on the fire.
3. Remove the garlic from the fire, drain it from the water, and leave it until it cools.
4. Put the salt, sugar, chili, vinegar, and some water in a bowl, and stir well.
5. Put the garlic and green or red peppers in a glass jar or flask, add the salt mixture, and cover the garlic with water.
6. Close the jar tightly, and leave it in a dry, dark place for seven days.
Which garlic pickle is best?
- HOMTIEM Black Garlic originates from Southeast Asia, it is made from fermented single clove garlic under carefully controlled temperature and humidity for 90 days. This process increases the taste in terms of sweetness and the texture to mimic a jelly-like or a dried fruit that is completely different from a raw pungent garlic
- Black garlic contains more benefits than fresh or normal garlic, the antioxidant properties are also two times the amount.
- We recommend consuming our HOMTIEM Black Garlic on an empty stomach, preferably before breakfast, as it gives you a healthy start and does not irritate the stomach. For a homeostatis effect, consume 1-2 cloves per day.
- Black Garlic is a health food that is ready to eat or can be used as an added ingredient to various dishes or recipes. You can use our Black Garlic to create a new menu, mix with your favorite salads, trail mix or any other recipes you deem fit
- HOMTIEM Black Garlic contains no added additives during or through the production process, it is also certified by GMP and HACCP Standards
The Health benefits of pickled Garlic
1. Cancer prevention
Garlic has been found beneficial against cancer. It has been used to prevent conditions such as brain cancer, lung cancer, prostate cancer, breast cancer, stomach cancer, rectal cancer, and colon cancer. The element named organosulfur in garlic can destroy one of the dangerous cells in brain tumors. (1)
2. Cold treats
Less immunity is a possible cause of cold attacks. Garlic has antibacterial and antioxidant properties which can boost the human immune system. Including a small amount of pickled garlic in your body can protect your body from colds and flu. (2)
3. It treats arthritis
Garlic reduces pain caused by arthritis. The spread of arthritis can be prevented by eating garlic, whether it is raw or pickled. (3)
4. Improves iron metabolism
Garlic helps absorb iron into the blood. The protein, ferroportin, is responsible for the circulation of iron between cells and the blood. Low hemoglobin or iron deficiency can lead to anemia and many other diseases. Iron-rich foods such as green vegetables, red meat, and pumpkin seeds should be consumed to restore the level of iron necessary to fight diseases. (4)
5. Promotes a healthy heart
Garlic has many cardiovascular benefits. Garlic is believed to reduce the level of cholesterol and triglycerides. It has anti-inflammatory properties that may prevent atherosclerosis and circulatory problems. Garlic protects the heart by preventing blood clots and masses that can lead to heart attacks. Allicin and H2S (hydrogen sulfide) in garlic help regulate blood pressure. (5)
FAQ – Garlic pickles
How long does pickled garlic last?
The pickled garlic also makes a great base for salad dressing, when you are eating pickled garlic. It can be stored in the refrigerator for over 4 weeks if kept in a watertight vessel/ jar. But if garlic is dipped in oil fully in an airtight jar it can be good for a long time without refrigeration.
How can I use pickled garlic?
You can use pickled garlic rather than fresh garlic. Or try using them in stuffing olives without cores, which are served alongside appetizers, added to Mediterranean stews, mashed into potatoes with olive oil, or served alongside other palate cleaners at a raclette regale
What’s the healthy way to eat garlic?
Studies show that roasting, boiling, hotting, or pickling garlic can significantly reduce its allicin content. So, while eating cooked garlic can be salutary, choosing raw garlic rather may help increase its nutritive value.
Can garlic reduce belly fat?
While we all use it as a food component, it’s also an effective medicine that helps burn belly fat and remove poisons. Exploration indicates that garlic can be effective in weight loss and is an ineluctable part of a balanced diet
What happens to your body when you eat garlic every day?
Garlic can profit the heart, brain, and other organs of the body. It reduces threat factors, similar to blood pressure, cholesterol, and heavy essence toxin, which can help people live longer. Garlic is also a rich source of antioxidants and nutrients, and it also strengthens the vulnerable system as well.
Is garlic an antibiotic?
Several recent studies confirm that garlic has a specific antibiotic element and is effective against a wide range of bacteria, fungi, and contagions. In addition, the antimicrobial conditioning of garlic is associated with the presence of some bioactive composites.