Does drinking water help you lose weight? Exactly how much water should I drink to lose weight? How to lose weight by drinking water? We will discuss the answers please keep reading.
Drinking water increases the metabolism of the body. In particular, cold water burns excess calories to heat the body and in this process the fat reduces.
Water helps keep the body moist. By drinking water before eating, the body accepts fewer calories.
Experts say if you can drink 500 ml of water regularly in the morning 25 to 30 minutes before breakfast, then easily lose weight.
Besides, if you drink water before eating heavy food at noon or night, it is possible to reduce weight a lot.
Does Drinking Water Help You Lose Weight? How to Lose Weight By Drinking Water
Drinking water is important for many reasons. Drinking water helps regulate body temperature, keep joints lubricated, prevent infection, deliver nutrients to cells, and keep our organs and body working properly. Here are the benefits of drinking water to lose weight:
- Water reduces hunger. When you drink a bottle of water 25 to 30 minutes before eating, especially before eating a heavy meal, the amount of food consumed decreases. Because water is an appetite suppressant, drinking it before meals can make you feel fuller. As a result, the body accepts fewer calories.
- If you want to reduce weight, your second goal is to avoid calorie-rich beverages. Avoid soft drinks or soda. Drink enough water instead. Also, exclude the coffee, and remove the drinks that contain sugar. Drink plenty of water instead.
- Drink water before and after the exercise. The body will be well-moist.
- Drink more than 10 glasses of water in a day if you want to reduce your weight.
- Keep an eye on how awesome it is. If you see the sweat is high, drink water again.
- 70% to 80% of the tissue is filled with water in the brain. And so when people do not have enough water, people suffer from depression. So drink plenty of water if you want to keep your mind fresh and quick.
- Water organizes the muscles of the body. It is important to have adequate water present in the body to prevent muscle tension and avoid these problems. Especially those who exercise regularly should drink plenty of water every day
- Does drinking water help you lose weight? Yes, it can burn calories which leads to lose weight. One 2007 study found that people who drank 500ml of water reported 24 percent more energy expenditure after just 60 minutes of hydration
- It can promote long-term weight loss. A 2013 review of 11 studies on the effect of water on weight found that people who increased their water intake along with adopting a weight-loss plan reported losing more pounds after 3 to 12 months than those following the weight-loss plan alone.
Disadvantages Of Drinking Too Much Water
1) Causes high blood pressure
Extra water can increase the total blood volume of your body. And if blood volume increases, it will affect the whole body.
High blood pressure, especially in the heart and blood vessels, will cause excessive blood volume.
2) Risky for kidney health
Our kidneys filter water every day in a catch-up process. Extra stress on the kidneys is increased due to excess water consumption.
Due to excess stress, the body’s filtering system is interrupted. As a result, two kidneys can be crippled in a while, which is very risky for health.
3) Respiratory problems
If you drink excess water for very short periods, then the level of electrolytes in the blood suddenly gets reduced. But the electrolyte levels of the cells are okay.
As a result, some blood vessels enter the cell to keep the balance between the electrolyte of the blood and cells, and the possibility of swelling in the body suddenly increases.
This effect falls on the top of the brain and results in a headache and respiratory problems.
In rare cases, drinking an extreme amount in a short time can be dangerous.
It can cause the level of salt, or sodium, in your blood to drop too low.
That’s a condition called hyponatremia. It’s very serious and can be fatal. You may hear it called water intoxication.
Drinking too much water can cause you to experience headaches as a symptom of hyponatremia — that is, low sodium concentration levels in your blood.
You may have eaten enough salt, but if you drink too much water without increasing your sodium intake, the imbalance is enough to cause health problems.
How much water should you drink to lose weight?
Does drinking water help you lose weight? Many health authorities recommend drinking eight 8-ounce glasses (about 2 liters) of water per day.
However, this number is completely random. Water requirements for every single person depend entirely on the individual (2).
In particular, people who sweat too much or work out regularly will need more water than a person who is not doing any activity.
Older adults and breastfeeding mothers also need to closely monitor their water intake (3).
Call to mind that you also get some water from many foods and drinks of your daily diet, such as coffee, tea, meat, fish, milk, and especially fruits and vegetables.
As a good rule of thumb, you should always drink water when you feel thirsty and drink enough to quench your thirst.
If you find that you have a headache, are in a bad mood, feel constantly hungry, or have trouble concentrating, you may be experiencing mild dehydration. If you consume more water may help to fix this problem (4).
Based on studies, drinking 1-2 liters of water per day should be enough to aid weight loss.
Here’s how much water you should be drinking, at different scales:
- Liters: 1-2.
- Ounces: 34-67.
- Cups (8 ounces): 4-8.
However, this is just a general guide. Many people may need less water, while others may need more water.
Also, it is not recommended to drink a lot of water, as it may cause water intoxication. This has caused death in extreme cases, such as during water-drinking competitions.
Does Drinking Water Help You Lose Weight? The Final thought-
Water can be really helpful for losing weight.
It is 100% calorie-free, helps you burn more calories, and may suppress your appetite if taken before meals.
The benefits of drinking water to lose weight is priceless when you replace sugary drinks with water. It’s a super easy way to cut down on sugar and calories.
However, keep in mind that you will have to do more than just drink water if you need to lose a significant amount of weight.
Water is just a very small piece of the puzzle.