Many gases have toxic properties, which are often assessed using the LC50 (median lethal dose) measure. Among the best known toxic gases are carbon monoxide, chlorine, nitrogen dioxide and phosgene.
Detecting gas leaks in your home needs to be a top priority. Poisonous gases present serious danger to health and safety because they are invisible, which makes it difficult to know if you and your household are at risk. Failure to identify a high level of gas in your home can cause illness, danger of explosion, and death.
It is important to note that just because a package does not have a warning label does not mean a substance is safe. You should consider poisoning if someone suddenly becomes sick for no apparent reason. Poisoning should also be considered if the person is found near a furnace, car, fire, or in an area that is not well ventilated.
What to do if you inhale poisonous gas?
* Close the fire,
* Stop gas bulb,
* Lighter, candle, do not smoke.
* Get out of the house slowly and stay away somewhere.
* Try to reduce breathing in the affected area.
* Cover the nose with tawl or scarf type cloths.
* Do not make stuffiness condition by shutting down the door windows for gas to come.
* If possible, come away somewhere. Especially in those who have children, old people, and someone with respiratory distress.
If you are already affected or attacked by poisonous gas, what will you do as a first aid?
1. Take the affected person to a clean air.
2. Blow the light hot water and wash the eyes.
3. Let loose the clothes of wear.
4. Keep the affected person warm and calm.
5. Keep the person comfortable. The person should be rolled onto the left side, and remain there while getting or waiting for medical help.
6. If the poison has spilled on the person’s clothes, remove the clothing and flush the skin with water.
Call for emergency help. Never attempt to rescue a person without notifying others first.